POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? : Re: Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? Server Time
18 May 2024 17:53:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much?
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Feb 2010 22:08:09
Message: <4b78ba99$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> you have to be **willing** to use it, for it to matter at all.

This has also been shown not to be true. :-)

> All guns do is escalate the "worse" part,

Not really. They level the playing field. Muggers don't attack people that
look like the Terminator. They attack little old ladies. Unless the little
old ladies probably have a gun.

> I imagine something of the same argument was made when someone worked
> out how to make a spear, and they found a guy with one in his gut. "If
> everyone has spears, this wouldn't have happened." Right....

Yes. And then they invented firearms. Shortly after, the feudal period ended.

The whole point of a gun is that it doesn't take a whole lot of physical
training. The power to use the weapon comes from concealable sources.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do